St. George was built between 1480-1520 and is a typical example of ecclesiastical architecture of the early 18th century that still preserves rich features of the Byzantine tradition. Other interesting churches in the village are St . Athanasios and St. Kirikos, St . Paraskevi in Tempe (see on page attractions) and the monastery of St . Demetrius in Stomio.

The Monastery of St. Dimitrios is built by ten monks at the east side of Kissavos above the village of Stomio. Many archaeological ruins found at the monastery indicate the presence of an ancient pagan temple dedicated to unknown deity. The monastery was founded during the empire of Justinian (527-556 AD) and has long called Komninion which proves its ownership of the Royal Komnenian Family.